Nearly New Sale – Seller Guidelines
Ringmer Tiddlers & Toddlers Car Boot Sale 2021 Sellers Guide
Saturday 10th July
Ringmer Village Green
- As we will not be organizing the sale by age, you need not label up your items if you do not wish to. All items will stay with you at your car, and you can explain prices to sellers if you wish, or put on labels – whichever works best for you. If you are selling clothes, please have a clear sign which you can display specifying which age range the clothes cover – this will help our buyers to find the relevant clothes for them. Any extra organization you can do yourself so that ages of clothes are clear may help with how much you might sell on the day!
- Please ensure that you have relevant change with you, ready for the day. You will be in charge of accepting payments, and giving the required change. There is no wifi on the green, but if you wish to you can look into contactless card payments that you may be able to process on your phone.
- Do feel free to bring any tables, rails, or other equipment which might better display what you are selling. As people will be asked not to touch, the easier it is for them to see your items, the more likely it is that they will sell!
- Please only bring things to sell which are relevant to bringing up children 0-11 years. All clothes, toys, equipment, books and games are welcome. We do ask that you clean everything you will be selling thoroughly before the sale, and check all pieces and parts are there, and that any instruction manuals are included where possible. If you are selling on safety equipment, or car seats, it is essential that they be in good condition and that they have not been in any previous accidents.
On the day
- Gates will open for sellers at 9am. Please enter via the bollard (which will be down) at the Village Green, directly opposite The Anchor Pub, and you will be shown to your spot. Last entrance for sellers will be at 9.20am. Please do try to be punctual, as the bollard will be up before and after this time slot and we will be unable to let cars in outside of this slot. We will open to buyers at 9.30am.
- Spaces will be distanced. Do let us know if the vehicle you will be bringing is any larger than a standard people carrier.
- There is a charge of £10 per space, payable on the day in cash. If you are sick and unable to attend, no charge will be made. If you do need to cancel, we would appreciate it if you could give us as much notice as possible so that we can give out the space to another seller.
- There are no toilets on the village green, but there are public toilets on the outside of the Village Hall should they be needed.
- All people selling at your car should be from your household. We would encourage you not to bring children if you are selling, but if this is not possible then do ensure that you give careful thought as to how you can keep them occupied and safe during the sale.
- The sale will close to buyers at 11.30am. We will open the bollard from 11.40-12.00 so that you can safely leave the green.
- If the weather is bad, we may need to reorganize the event for a different day. We will contact you should that be the case, and there will be no charge if you cannot make the new date.
- Before the sale you will be sent a map of the layout. There will be no allocated spaces, we will fill the space up as people arrive.
- Masks will not be obligatory as the event is outside, however you are welcome to wear one if you would like to.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance and exit of the sale. We will keep some spare for sellers, but do please bring your own supply if you have some.
- There will be a limited number of sellers so that there can be plenty of space between people.
- There will be a limit on how many people can enter the sale at the same time to ensure that it does not become too crowded. There will be a 2m distanced queue in order to enter, and the cars will be parked in order to enable a one-way system through the sale.
- Please use hand sanitizer before and after touching items you are selling, and before and after touching money.
- Please clean thoroughly all that you will be selling during the sale, and do also ensure that all pieces are in jigsaw puzzles, games etc. If possible, we ask that you leave items for 72 hours before the sale so that they have been quarantined. We will be suggesting that buyers might wish to do this after purchase too.
- We will be asking buyers not to handle goods to avoid risk of contamination, so do be ready to offer to hold up items so that they can see them without touching before purchasing them, should they wish.
- We will be providing signs on the day, asking buyers to only touch what they are purchasing.
While we will do everything we can to ensure the sale runs as safely as possible, we cannot accept liability for any items lost or stolen, any accidents or other misfortune which may occur during this event. We have outlined the measures we have put in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19 spread, but acknowledge that while we can reduce risk, it is impossible to eliminate it completely, so each seller and attendee must take into account their own situation and risk level.
If you would like to register as a seller, please do so here; https://forms.gle/fBbPcYSQFTKzxnDm6
Any questions, you can contact us on;